Nice break from standard beef chili. Perfect for leftover chicken.
- 1 large white onion, diced finely
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 1 1/2 Tbsp flour
- 4 oz can diced green chilies
- Low-sodium chicken broth, 32 oz.
- Chili Seasoning
- Cooked leftover chicken, boneless, skinless and shredded (approx. 2-3 breasts)
- 2 cans (19 oz.) Cannellini beans (White Kidney beans), drained
- Shredded cheese, monterey jack or cheddar
In a large pot, saute onions in the olive oil. Do not brown. Add garlic and flour. Add the chicken broth and chili seasoning. Let this simmer a few minutes. Add the chicken, chilies and beans. Mix well and let simmer covered. Before serving, add a 1/2 cup of milk.
Serve with shredded cheese.