A crispy, oven baked potato is just heavenly. Consider these kind of, sort of like a healthy tater tot.
- Small, round potatoes (I love how small potatoes come in these convenient bags. I used a few, and sealed up the rest for another day.)
- extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- (optional) thyme or rosemary
Pre-heat oven to 450F.
- Don’t peel the potatoes. Drop them into a pot of salted water, bring to the boil. Simmer for approx. 15 minutes until they are fork tender. They should be just about cooked, without being too soft or mushy.
- Drain, and arrange on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Use a potato masher to squash each potato flat.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Season each potato with sea salt, pepper and spice.
- Bake on the top shelf of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes until crisp and golden. Serve hot.
Source: The Pioneer Woman